Are you looking to join a fast-growing company in a thriving industry that provides the kind of career challenges to keep you interested and challenged at work? Whatever the role, everyone at Quatris Healthco is dedicated to serving our customers in the practices at the highest level. We don’t write software, we make software more usable through strategic implementation, training, and support.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER – JOB SUMMARY (full-time)
The Software Engineer is responsible for conceiving, designing, developing, testing, implementing, managing and supporting Quatris Healthco’s custom software and integration products and services. The Software Engineer works in both a customer support and a project resource role, and will be required to work with support management, project management, as well as independently.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
Represent approved Quatris Healthco products in an ethical, professional and enthusiastic manner to prospects, customers, company staff, business partners, consultants and associates, and any other organization or entity to which you come in contact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Exhibit sound and accurate decision making and serve as an expert resource for problem solving.
- Design, develop and test multiple software solutions to be sold as products and services to Quatris Healthco Customers, including but not limited to compiled desktop applications, plug-in products and web-based applications.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to the integration team in the creation and support of integration products and processes.
- Provide design, implementation and support services of Quatris Healthco’s integration products and processes, which include but are not limited to interfaces, conversions, extractions, reports, forms, data analysis, EDI products, and data manipulation.
- Maintain proficiency in software development tools and languages used by Quatris Healthco.
- Maintain proficiency in and use various industry tools, including but not limited to interface engines and database management tools.
- Perform thorough scoping analysis to understand and assess requests for software development and integration work, then provide complete recommendations of work to be performed.
- Assist in development, writing, and reviewing software development and integration implementation and support procedures documentation.
- Maintain ability to work remotely and / or with remote supervision.
- Demonstrate strong time management skills in completing both project-based and support-related work.
Client Relations, Documentation, and Educational Maintenance Responsibilities
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with all parties involved with each support case and project, including, but not limited to, customers, vendors, project managers.
- Maintain current and accurate case, ticket, project and project task status and dates in project tracking software.
- Maintain up to date notes and documentation in case, ticket, project and project task tracking software detailing interaction with project stakeholders.
- Cooperate with project stakeholders and other parties involved to proactively resolve customer problems and issues.
- Maintain appropriate product and industry knowledge for effective job task execution and organizational planning activities.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide on-going support to encourage a collaborative teamwork environment
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- 2+ years of experience in software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent in experience and knowledge in HealthCare IT and software development.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in Microsoft C#, VB, and development of .NET applications, as well as VB6.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency with Transact-SQL and/or PL/SQL.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Crystal Reports.
- Knowledgeable in Database administration (Oracle administration and/or MS-SQL).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills needed to ask applicable questions to solve problems, uncover customer needs in the implementation process, and detailed tracking of project notes.
- Must be well organized, able multi-task, and work under pressure to manage shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate commitment to customer satisfaction.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL)
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time at a desk or while traveling; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls on computers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear in meetings and on the telephone or on the computer in an office or variable setting.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus while working on a computer.
- Employee must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. which may include computer and/or standard office equipment on occasion.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time, which may include travel via car, train, airline and overnight hotel stays.
Send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com for all job listings.