MIPS Tips (Updates and Reminders)
MIPS TIPS (2018 ATTESTATION)
The Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) 2018 attestation season is now in full swing and the 2019 reporting year is well under way. It is important to ensure you are staying on track to complete attestation for 2018 and are preparing for 2019 reporting. Included below are updates and reminders for February 2019.
2018 ATTESTATION DEADLINES
- CPC+ customers – attest by February 28
- QSS MIPS customers – authorize by March 15
- MIPS Manual Attestation through the QPP Attestation Website – attest by April 2
2018 MANUAL ATTESTATION RESOURCES AND TIPS
- 2018 QPP Attestation Portal – Manual attestation
- The attestation portal is NOW OPEN and can be via https://qpp.cms.gov/login.
- The attestation period runs from January 2, 2019 – April 2, 2019.
- Allows providers to log in with a HARP (previously known as EIDM) user ID and password and report for the following components using data from CQR:
- Promoting Interoperability Component – can be manually entered or uploaded through the QRDA-III file from CQR.
- Quality Component – must upload the QRDA-III file from CQR.
- Improvement Activity Component – manually entered.
- CMS released a YouTube video on how to report manually for MIPS.
- Obtaining a HARP Account User ID and Password
- On December 20, CMS announced via the QPP Listserv that they were transitioning the way providers access and manage the accounts to submit and review data on the QPP website from the EIDM accounts to HARP (HCQIS Access Roles and Profile System) accounts.
- To log in and submit data, clinicians will need to use the new HCQIS Authorization Roles and Profile (HARP) system. Previously, clinicians received their credentials through the Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) system. Clinicians are encouraged to log in early to familiarize themselves with the system.
- Previous EIDM Accounts: For all clinicians who previously had an EIDM account, you were automatically transitioned to HARP, and will use your existing EIDM user ID and password to sign in to the QPP website.
- New Clinicians: For all clinicians who didn’t have an EIDM account, you’ll need to enroll with HARP. For a step-by-step guide to signing up for a HARP account, refer to the QPP Access User Guide.
- IMPORTANT – Passwords for this account do expire. It is highly recommended that you test your user name and password prior to attesting and prior to the attestation deadline! If your password has expired, you will need to contact the QPP Service Center for assistance on getting the password reset at 1-866-288-8292.
2018 QSS ATTESTATION RESOURCES AND TIPS
- QSS Submission for 2018
- Enrollment for QSS is open through March 1. 2019.
- If submitting MIPS 2018 data through QSS the attestation window is open through:
- CPC+ – closed February 15
- MIPS – March 15
- For more information on QSS, please visit the Virence QSS community page.
2019 TIDBITS – Now is the time to begin monitoring your reports for 2019!
- QPP 2019 Participation Look Up – CMS has released the 2019 Participation Look Up tool and providers can now check to see if they are required to report or if they are eligible to Opt-In for 2019 reporting. The Participation Look Up tool is HERE.
- For those that were required to report to MIPS in 2017, you should be seeing your payment adjustments on your Medicare EOBs for claims with a date of service starting January 1, 2019. Attached is the CMS Fact Sheet that explains how the adjustments are applied and displayed on the EOB.
Quatris Healthco offers quality consulting services to our Centricity customers. For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For non-Centricity customers contact your EMR vendor on processes for support and quality reporting programs.