2020 is almost at the halfway point and we want to use this time to share midyear considerations to ensure you are ready for quality reporting.
Enroll in Quality Submission Services (QSS)
- QSS Enrollment for MIPS and CPC+ is open as of June 25, 2020. You can enroll on the MQIC tab in CQR.
- QSS enrollment is required to view data at the group level for MIPS and for CPC+ practice level.
- 2019 QSS enrollment “grace period” views for Group and CPC+ will be discontinued July 10, 2020.
- Check out the resources in the Customer Portal > Quality Reporting > QSS, including MIPS and CPC+ 2020 Enrollment Recordings, our MIPS checklist, a QSS FAQ, and a Group Reporting FAQ.
Check preliminary participation status
- Clinician participation status can change due to low volume thresholds, included specialties, or other considerations.
- Use the QPP Participation Lookup Tool now to see clinicians’ preliminary status based on the first determination period (September 2018 – October 2019). Statuses based on the second determination period (September 2019 – October 2020), that will reflect any impacts of COVID-19, will be available in November 2020. To be eligible, low volume thresholds must be exceeded during both determination periods.
- Clinicians who fall below one or two of the three low volume thresholds, should review the Opt-In and Voluntary Reporting Fact Sheet.
- To learn more, see the QPP Eligibility and Participation Quick Start Guide.
Bookmark a Promoting Interoperability (PI) 90-day period
CMS has not changed Promoting Interoperability measures for the 2020 performance year. We encourage customers to bookmark the “best” 90-day period for Promoting Interoperability measures occurring in the first half of 2020.
Improve measure results via measure selection and education
- Reviewing measure selection every year is important. Quality measure specifications may change, or the measure might become obsolete.
- Review quality measure scores displayed in CQR. Are the scores aligned with expectations? Are your best performing measures from 2019 the same measures in 2020? Should focus be applied to different measures to maximize performance scores?
- The Quality Reporting Guide on the Customer Portal > Quality Reporting > CQR, current for 2020, is a great guide to assist with measure optimization. The guide includes the setup and workflow requirements for supported eCQM’s and Promoting Interoperability Objectives.
- Two recordings in the quality measure category section are posted on the Customer Portal > Webinars > Quality Reporting Programs page.
- For the Promoting Interoperability category, two recent webinars, MIPS HIE Receiving and Incorporating Health Information and MIPS and Medicaid Patient Access are posted in the PI measure category section on the Customer Portal > Webinars > Quality Reporting Programs page.
- Two additional webinars are planned as part of the summer webinar series. The first is for the HIE Medicaid Request/Accept Summary of Care measure on July 9th, and the second is for the HIE MIPS and Medicaid Sending Health Information measure on July 16th.